Top 5 benefits of the keto-diet: What you need to know
- When anyone hear about the top 5 benefits of the keto-diet , the first thing probably comes in mind that , what could be the possible reason make it, as good as people say.
- The best answer is, there are number of benefits of keto diet, which can change person’s physical and mental health.
What is a ketogenic or keto diet in realty?
- This concept of diet plan popularly known as the “ketogenic diet”, was first developed by Stanley Cohen in the 1920s.
- The diet also well-known as the “keto diet” is a very healthy eating style that significantly reduces fat and calories.
- Ketogenic diet is very little in carbohydrates (5% of calories) and in protein (20% of calories) but the rest of the calories (75%) comes from good fats.
- Ketogenic diet cuts carbohydrates by about 50 percent, which is one of the most important diet, person can start and still considered as a keto diet.
- This diet is meant to limit obesity and the metabolic syndrome, as a result ketogenic diet can be considered as an severe form of the metabolic diet.
- Another potential benefit of keto diet is reducing body fat percentage resulting in weight loss.
- Not only in weight loss, keto diet also have a positive impact on health and total mood of body.
Why Ketogenic Diet different? Top 5 benefits of the keto-diet
- This diet is high in fat and low quantity in carbohydrates as a result those who follow the keto diet will be eating mostly fats, not carbohydrates. It is a low carbohydrate diet that eliminates all carbohydrates from diet.
- In other words, this diet eliminates remaining high-carbohydrate foods and replaces with healthy fats.
- In simple language , it can be say that, no carbohydrates are allowed in daily intake. Practically it is very difficult to do in everyday life.
- This diet is not simple to follow and can be very tough if having a serious case of diabetes.
- But despite this, the benefits of taking a ketogenic diet prevail over the negative effects.
- The basic idea is to adjust nutritional intake in order to drive the body into the metabolic state known as ketosis.
- Now body enters a state of ketosis when, there are no longer stores of glycogen sugar to fuel body’s energy requirements.
- When sugar is not available , body has left with no choice as a result it has to take the energy from stored fat .
- Liver converts this stored fat into ketone bodies. Now it acts as energy source for body.
- This is the main reason why the keto diet is a good method to lose fat.
- Unlike other diets that offer weight loss benefit and little else to consumers, the keto diet comes with several benefits also.
For more about keto diet please visit at my website-www.nirajhealth.com