Top food products which are good for immunity
- The best ways to stay healthy is selection of those foods, which boost our immune system.
- Healthy, antioxidant-rich foods such as vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and lean protein are vital for maintaining our immune system strong. It helps us preventing the illness and infection.
- There is no such food in the world, which is considered optimal for immune system. But still there are list of top food products which are good for immunity. These are as follows-
- Berries have immune-boosting properties due to the presence of a special product known as “polyphenol”. This is an oxidant gives all the berries like blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and blackberries, their typical color.
- This compound fights against gut bacteria and protects the cell from injury. It reduces inflammation here. As a result it increases immune response in our body.
- It also play in the role in the prevention of illnesses and some inflammatory conditions like cancer. Berries are also the rich source of vitamin C.
- Strawberries full of one cup consists nearly 100 mg of Vitamin C. It is just equal to one cap of orange juice.
- A special dark variety known as blueberries are great source of special compounds known as bioflavonoids. These compounds increase immune system in our body.
- Eating mix kinds of berries is more healthy, nutritious and provide great immunity than taking one type of berry only.
- Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes are very good source of vitamin C.
- Deficiency of vitamin C can weaken our immunity. A medium size orange gives 70 mg vitamin C. This is nearly sufficient daily requirement of vitamin C for men, which is 90 mg and for women it is 75 mg.
- Therefore taking more fruits, which are rich in vitamin C may promote better immunity system. Besides this citrus fruits, other sources of vitamin C are kiwi, green and red peppers, broccoli and sprouts.
For more details please visit at